Saturday 7 April 2012

Desperate for a Mars Bar

I'm embarking on a juice cleanse this weekend with Raw&Juicy


I received a 3 bag delivery on Thursday night full of vegetable juices, green powders and vitamins. So far so good in that I haven't passed out nor given in to my cravings to go buy an entire Collin the Caterpillar cake and inhale it while crouching in the corner. 

I have to admit, the juices aren't the tastiest things I've ever consumed and can't quite stomach the 5 a day they've provided. I quite like the carrot ones and the tomato, pepper, fennel and cayenne tastes a little like a gazpacho soup when I close my eyes. 




The best thing: Because it's all vegetables and no fruit, I don't get a sugar crash. So although I can get very hungry (only because I can't bare to drink anything else, not because they haven't provided me with enough juices) I don't turn into an evil and vicious being that I can when depraved of food. Just goes to show I should eat less fruit, carbs and sugar than I do (unfortunately, they are the easiest to prepare). 






I'll keep you updated! I'm on day 2, let's see if I can make it through Easter to day 4. 


Amy xx


UPDATE: I chopped off all my hair yesterday when I visited Sano in Angel- an amazing salon with very talented staff (can't go wrong with a colour by David) and really laid back atmosphere. Unfortunately, I don't have enough hair do to a sock bun anymore (although I might try with a baby sock). 
Let me know how your sock bun adventures go and I'll live vicariously through you!

2 comments:

  1. You are insane. I could never do a juice cleanse. That colin caterpillar cake would be eaten within half an hour! Cannot wait to see the new hair!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you complete the juice cleanse successfully? And if so, would you recommend doing this one over doing one where you make all the juices yourself?

    ReplyDelete